Volume 22, Issue 1 January, 2017
Editor: Don Osborne
| Notice of Annual Meeting of Homeowners to be Held on March 4, 2017
TO: THE HOMEOWNERS OF ROCKAWAY BEACH RESORT HOMEOWNERS ASSOCIATION
You are cordially invited to attend the Annual Meeting of Homeowners to be held on Saturday, March 4, 2017 at 1:00 PM local time, at the Shilo Inn/Portland Airport, 11707 NE Airport Way, Portland, Oregon, 97220 to consider and take action upon the following matters:
1. Electing or appointing Directors of the Homeowners Association to serve the ensuing 2 years and until their successors shall be elected and qualify.
2. Approval of the 2017 Budget as authorized and unanimously adopted by the Board of Directors.
3. Transacting such other business as may properly come before the meeting or any adjournment thereof.
The close of business on December 31, 2016 has been fixed by the Board of Directors as the record date for determining the Homeowners entitled to notice of and to vote at the Annual Meeting.
It is desirable that your vote be represented at the meeting, regardless of the number of ownerships you may hold. Whether or not you expect to be present in person, you are requested to date and sign the enclosed proxy and return it in the provided self-addressed envelope before February 15, 2017. Homeowners who are present at the meeting may revoke their proxy in person.
BY ORDER OF THE BOARD OF DIRECTORS, Norm Dittrich, President
|ROCKAWAY BEACH RESORT, INC. ASSESSMENT BILLING AND COLLECTION POLICY
· Dues and assessments: 2016 dues have been set at $ 504.00 per share. On or before January 15, 2016, Owners are mailed the Dues Statement. If paying Dues by credit or debit card there is a $15.00 credit/debit card fee per share. Full payment for dues is due, on or before February 15, 2016. If you are delinquent, your reservations will be cancelled, and you may not make or hold a reservation until your account is brought current. Exchange requests cannot be granted or confirmed. Existing, confirmed exchanges will be blocked and the exchange organization notified. Active Rental contracts will be blocked.
· Delinquency: Dues not paid in full by February 15, 2016 shall be considered DELINQUENT. If your dues payment is
delinquent, management will add interest, and a late fee on the unpaid balance. A collection notice will be sent and the Board of Directors may, at its discretion, submit delinquent accounts to an attorney for formal notification of default, and demand for payment (Legal Notice). Cost of Legal Notice will be added to delinquent owner’s accounts. If the account is yet delinquent on April 15, 2016, the Board of Directors may, at its discretion, implement any of the following actions: Any related costs for these actions will be added to the delinquent owner’s account. 1. Engage a professional collection agency or attorney for collection of any past due payments. 2. File a Claim of Assessment Lien. 3. Foreclose on the Claim of Assessment Lien. 4. Institute a Small Claims suit or other action.
· A Courtesy Extended by the Board - Choosing the Payment Plan: By choosing the only alternative to paying in full on or before February 15, 2016, contact RBR office for a payment plan form, complete and sign and send it with your first payment which must be received on or before February 15, 2016. A processing fee of $36.00, which includes interest, will be added to your account, making the total dues amount $540.00 per share, divided into three (3) monthly payments of $180.00 per share. If paying Dues by credit or debit card there is a $15.00 credit/debit card fee per share. The three monthly payments are due February 15, March 15, and April 15, 2016. There will be no exceptions.
A. If a shareholder is delinquent with any payment, the dues will be considered delinquent and shareholder will lose eligibility for this payment plan. The unpaid balance will become due immediately, paid in full.
B. If you are delinquent, your reservations will be canceled, and you may not make or hold a reservation until your account is brought current. Exchange requests cannot be confirmed. Existing, confirmed exchanges will be blocked and the exchange organizations notified. Rental program contracts will be blocked.
Thanks to all Board and committee members for their tireless donations of time, energy and expertise.